Broad Bean Risotto
Ingredients Serves 4
1 tsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 yellow pepper sliced
1 mug of broad beans
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon of turmeric
800ml of vegetable stock
300g risotto rice
To serve: mixed salad
Top tip! Add some chicken or prawns to add an additional source of protein to the paella.
Chopping board, knife, large non stick frying pan, jug
1. Heat the oil in the frying pan, add onion, garlic, paprika and turmeric then cook for 3 minutes until soft.
2. Add the pepper and broad beans cook for another 3 minutes.
3. Add the rice and cook for a further minute, stirring continuously.
4. Then add the stock a little at a time and stir gently leaving it to simmer for 20 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked.
5. Add black pepper to taste and serve with a side salad.